Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Take my hand…




Take my hand and walk me by the times in my life that I have issue with. Let me pass those times once more to see if I perceived them correctly.
To see if the hurt was there. To see if I was really spoken to that way. Taken advantage of that way. Judged that way. Discriminated against that way. Let me see if those incidents really caused scars to form and entangle the free, happy, trusting, loving, innocent heart I once had.

Take my hand and walk me by the times that made those same scars softer. Untangled the scars ever so slightly. To see if I was really talked to that way. Loved that much, hugged that tight, and forgiven that often.

Take my hand and walk me by the first time you told me you loved me.

Take my hand and walk me by the first time you caught my eye and words with just eye contact were exchanged.

Take my hand and walk me by the moment I realized nothing in life mattered but the love I felt for you.

Take my hand and walk me to the moment I realized scars are healed with love. Go to that moment. Stop there. That’s where I want to be. Forever with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment