Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who are we kidding anyway?

"If I could walk on water, If I could tell you whats next I'd make you believe, make you forget." I would. That old saying you've heard that the grass isn't always greener on the other side is so true. It rings so true right now. Why would that have been any different? What was I expecting? WHY was I expecting anything? I think you find yourself someday, one day, sometime, wanting more. In a desperate way almost. And you get a hint of that and it is amazing for 2.5 seconds, (okay, ONE WEEK) and then reality slaps you in the face again. The let down is almost worse than the wanting of it to begin with. I think we all need to accept that nothing is going to be perfect. NOTHING IN THE WORLD. So we need to make peace and be happy with what we have. We live in a world that we constantly get more. Higher pay, larger titles following our names, bigger promotions, bigger cars, larger homes. When is it that at the end of the day we are happy that we have- heat, healthy kids, a husband that tries his best and a roof over our heads? I think it is a lesson we all learn. Its just a matter of when. I think I learned mine this morning at about 8. Well actually I learned it last night at about 11pm but it was nailed into reality at 8 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment