Saturday, June 26, 2010

hope for healing.

Life. Fair? I vote no. Simple? Again, I vote no. Easy to understand? That again, would be No.

I'm struggling tonight. My girlfriend's sister's baby died yesterday. How do you comfort a friend? What do you say? How long do you hug her? Can you tell her it's going to be okay? I don't know what to do. I don't know how to act. The only thing that comes to mind is prayer. I have prayed.

"And I'll be by your side, Wherever you fall
In the dead of night, Whenever you call...
My hands are holding you"

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes just a hug or a nice meal is more than words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be there for as long as she needs you. Don't say anything crazy like, it was God's will, God needed another angel. At least you are young enough to have another. Just be there for her offer babysitting if she has other children, take her food, take her out to get her eyebrows done or out to eat. Stop by with a little something to make her feel special. Send a card out of no where just to let her know that you are thinking of her. Let her talk about her baby, let her be able to cry if she wants to and not if she doesn't. Don't judge her by the way she acts. Sometimes grieving moms say and do things that seem crazy to someone that hasn't been in this situation. But, most of all Pray for her. Let her be angry. Don't be afraid of her. She is hurting and the most terrible thing has happened to her. And the hurt isn't going to go away in a day or a month or a year or ten years. And sometimes saying nothing is good too. I am sorry, I just came across your blog and started reading. I lost a child 3 years ago. So, those are just a few of the things that really made me angry when people said them. I believe in God, I know my baby is up there worshiping with Jesus, he is whole and healed. Which is an awesome thing. Because he went through so much here. I have a teenager also, and well, things are up and down. I wish you well, and I am definitely going to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete