Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Toot Your Horn Tuesday...


It is kinda weird talking about yourself. I think it is important for women to be recognized for all that they do, and tell people about their accomplishments, but it is really, really hard to complement yourself and tell people about those accomplishments that you did without feeling like you are bragging. I went to a counselor for awhile to talk about a lot of issues I was having at the time. It was a very stressful time in my life! Anyway he said weekly I had to think of three compliments I could give myself, and it was actually REALLY hard. It did give me a sense of accomplishment though. It made me feel like I did do something good or handled myself to the best I could in the mist of stress, kids, marriage, finances, school, work and life in general. So I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like the idea of Toot Your Horn Tuesday.... I think all women and or moms should take part in this.

So here I go!

#1- I think I handled (and am handling) myself VERY well with my daughter Morgan and what she did this weekend. Read True Story Tuesday this week to know what she did. It has taken me all that I have not to scream, stomp and throw her ass to her dad (my ex) and let him deal with her. I just remind myself that I love her, she is a teenager, and that she is (I hope) learning from this.

#2- I think I have been doing a faboulous job at taking amazing pictures with my new camera! I will post some.

#3- I think I have been doing a really good job getting to the gym and following through with doing four nights a week.

#4- I have managed to follow through with Jaidyn on sleeping issues this week. This is so hard to do when her screaming fits about not wanting to sleep in her own bed wake up a baby in your house. It is VERY hard not to give in to that when he will wake up and when I am EXHAUSTED. Amazingly each night does get better, and for this, I think a pat on the back is deserved!!!!!

There you go. Not bragging, just saying...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really are doing great! I'm so glad you played along this week. Us Mom's need all the encouragement we can get! Take Care,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete